Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pocket Cards Gift set

Pocket Cards Gift Set by Connie Collins


Pocket-style scrapbooking isn’t really a new thing, but it has gained popularity over the past few years. Essentially it is the same thing as color-blocking. A few of my friends and family members have embraced this method of scrapbooking, so I thought it would be fun to create a custom gift set using the Retro Fresh Suite (US/CA) by Stampin’ Up!

Here’s a pattern for the 8 -1/2" x 11" cardstock.

Here’s a pattern for the 6" x 12" cardstock.


You should end up with something that looks like this. I used the Chevron and the new Arrows Textured Impressions Embossing Folders to emboss some of the smaller cards.

Next, I went wild stamping and die cutting anything that was related to the theme. Some of the stamp sets I used included Peachy Keen, Starburst Sayings, and Just Sayin’.

I used Soft Suede Cardstock to make a box to put everything in.

I put the stamped and die cut images into Cellophane Bags; then I added coordinating Retro Fresh This and That Designer Washi Tape, Linen Thread, and Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Finally I decorated the lid to give it the perfect finishing touch.

Here’s what it looked like when I was finished.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...